Savor Jamaica's Freshest Flavors
Part of the magic of an Idle Awhile villa vacation is the opportunity to experience authentic island cuisine prepared exclusively for you by your villa’s personal chef. You can have our staff do the shopping at the local market or stock your fully equipped kitchen yourself – either way, you’ll enjoy flavorful, island-inspired meals prepared with the freshest local fruits, vegetables and seafood -- prepared just for you. A few of our favorites include:
- Local fruit plate featuring pineapple, paw-paw, banana and watermelon
- Jamaican breakfast featuring ackee and codfish with Johnny cakes and fried plantains
- Shrimp or Lobster Salad
- Jerk Chicken, cooked on an open flame
- Fish Platter featuring catch of the day
- Curried Goat, a spicy and traditional Jamaican dish
Villa guests have the option of choosing an all-inclusive package
or a European plan during their stay
Includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, with house bar (top shelf liquor not included). This is priced at $125 per person per night and $65 for children ages 6-12 years old, plus 10% government tax and 10% service charge. Children under 6 years old are free.
Guests may go shopping for the items they wish to be prepared by the chef, or they may ask us to do the shopping for them. This option incurs a 10% surcharge on the total cost of the food, plus taxi fare.